Trinity United Church, "TUC," began as a Swiss/German Evangelical Lutheran Church, founded on November 2, 1846.
The founding congregation was led by the Rev Friedrich Besel.
Over its long history, the name and denominational affiliation has changed many times:
- 1855 - The Reformed Dutch Protestant Church
- 1858 - Yoked with the Plainfield German Reformed Church
- 1871 - Coontown Congregational Church
- 1946 - Warren Congregational Church
- 1957 - United Church of Christ
- 1970 - Trinity United Church
As we are today
In October 1968, United Presbyterian and other families met with members of Warren United Church of Christ for worship, thus commencing a joint Christian ministry in Warren Township.
Following eighteen months of mutual ministry, the participating families celebrated the selection of a name, Trinity United Church, and official recognition as a joint congregation of the United Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) and the United Church of Christ.
After meeting in the gym of the Mount Horeb Elementary School for a number of years, the congregation voted to renovate the present structure on King George Road. The newly refurbished building with Sunday school rooms and office space was dedicated in 1979. The one large meeting room is the center for worship, education and fellowship activities, as well as community events.
TUC may be a small community, but it has a big heart, contributing to and working with local and global mission organizations.